You can still watch the livestream reading of “When the Trees Crackle with Cold: A Cree Calendar” Learn more, or watch here.
Story Questions for the book
Story Questions for the book – 2-sided half page each
Two questions for each month. Developed in collaboration with the authors.
- Story Questions – one sheet of questions on each page
- Story Questions – one sheet of questions on each page, larger
- Story Questions – 2-up (two sheets of questions on each page)
You can also see the questions online on this page.
These activity sheets are from the book “When the Trees Crackle with Cold: A Cree Seasons Activity Book” by Bernice Johnson-Laxdal and Miriam Körner. We thank them for their permission to share these activities with you for Family Literacy Day in Saskatchewan!
10-Day Countdown Posts
We created posts for you to share with families in your class, program, or community. It was designed as a 10-day countdown to Family Literacy Day 2022, but feel free to use them in the way that fits best for your community! Click here for text and images.
Links to More Helpful Resources
- Family Literacy Day activity book from ABC Life Literacy Canada
- La Journée de l’alphabétisation familiale cahier d’activités de Alpha pour la vie Canada
- Activity ‘Fortune Teller’ game sheet from Active for Life
- ‘Dressing Kids for Winter’ tip sheet from Active for Life
- Indoor and Outdoor Winter Games and Activities from NWT Literacy Council