Through partnerships, the Saskatchewan Literacy Network provides resources and helps support literacy in our province. We are proud to work together with the Early Years Branch Government of Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Education to help promote early literacy in families. Building on the strong foundations of family literacy already present in our province, this early literacy project will help increase the capacity for early literacy advancement.
Through this project, there are three kinds of learning opportunities available at no cost to participants. Each workshop or event will focus on encouraging early literacy in families.
- For literacy practitioners and people working in similar fields,
- A one-day workshop providing resources and tips for building family-based early literacy into your daily work and programming.
- For community partners who are working with families,
- A half-day workshop to give you tools and information on how to encourage early literacy practices in the families you work with.
- For families themselves,
- A family literacy event that provides fun ways to learn more about how early literacy fits into your everyday life.
- New! The next half-day workshop is in Porcupine Plain on May 7th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in the meeting room at Quilly’s Community Place. Contact us if you’d like to register for this free learning opportunity!
With help from our partners, we will provide resources, tools, and learning opportunities to support early literacy in families. We look forward to connecting with communities, partners, and families all across the province.
Connect with us today for more information on our learning opportunities and resources. We’d love to hear from you!