Learning Mini-Grants Application Open!
The Saskatchewan Literacy Network believes in advancing literacy and learning for life, so we are pleased to announce that applications are now open for our 2018-2019 Learning Mini-Grants.
This year, Learning Mini-Grants can be used to fund or enhance a one-time event where families are learning and practicing literacy skills together. When you apply, let us know how your event will empower today’s children and families by giving them tools to improve their literacy skills.
Some examples of events are
- family learning fun day,
- family literacy program launch,
- family literacy program wrap-up event, or
- family educational opportunity.
Events that are selected will receive $500.00 each. The number of grants awarded will depend on the funding available.
If your event is selected, you can use the money for expenses like these:
- costs of facilitation (for example: an honorarium for a family literacy facilitator, guest speaker, or presenter)
- materials (for example: books or art and craft supplies to be used at the event)
- support services for the event (for example: healthy snacks or transportation for participants).
For more information (including if your organization is eligible) and to apply, download the application form here. The application deadline is Wednesday, November 21st, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact us.